Majors and certificates
|Journalism for Transfer||AA-T||18.5 Units|
|Journalism: Digital AS||AS||29 Units|
|Journalism: Digital Cert||Certificate||28 Units
The Associate in Arts for Transfer in Journalism degree (AA-T) is designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree.
Upon successful completion of this major, the student will be able to:
- Develop story ideas, conduct research and interviews, and write news and feature stories, opinion columns and critical reviews on deadline for both print and web publishing.
- Use various media (i.e. audio, photography, video, blog platforms, social media, and web software) to create multimedia news and feature stories.
- Explain the changing role of news media and information dissemination in American society and critically evaluate elements of effective journalism.
- Exercise news judgment and apply knowledge of journalism ethics and media law to real-life newsroom situations.
- Work as a productive member of a college newspaper staff. Demonstrate competency in grammar, punctuation, word usage and Associated Press Style to edit stories for print or online publication.
Below is the list of requirements for the degree.
|Journalism (AA-T)||Communications Studies|